Re: [Harp-L] Grooves Part Two

On Aug 31, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Pic2318834@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Starting to look like Band in a Box list of grooves.

Yeah, I know.  And as Ken Diefik says, we have to be careful that we don't create a "bible" that discourages further exploration.  What I'm hoping to accomplish is to give folks a vocabulary with examples to help them when they step upon on the bandstand. And if, along the way, folks want to talk about how grooves work to provide a basis for further exploration, so much the better.  E.g., when Rob P described "Steve Cropper's process he said,  "(Steve also told me how he wrote these two classic songs, on 'Knock on Wood' he followed the 'dots' up on the fret board and made a few additions.....E, G, A,B, D,B.  Then on 'Midnight Hour' he followed the Chords from 'Knock' but Backwards!!! Try it...D, B, A,G...E)"  That provides insight into one way to approach creating a groove.

Bob