[Harp-L] harmonica obsession

I am something of an addictive personality.  Used to smoke 2.5 to 3 packs
per day and really liked my bourbon.  Never an alcoholic but a controlled
drinker.  While there was no alcoholism in my childhood home, close family
members on both sides had alcohol problems.  Some were the respectable, high
functioning types that you would never know were drunk until you caught them
sober.  I got religion and quit drinking cold turkey.  My father died way
too young of a heart attack and I quit smoking cold turkey.  Thereafter, I
frequently sublimated my addictive anxiety into writing and music.  A while
back, I developed arthritis in my hands and shoulders and can no longer play
or especially practice guitar like I used to.  So, I picked up the old
Hohner I had carried around for years and started playing harp.  I am not
addicted to harp but I do go on harp binges. An occasional harp bender does
not make me an addict, right?  I am not addicted.  Really, I am not
addicted.  I can stop anytime I want to.  Honest.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK