Re: [Harp-L] FAST PLAYING ON CROMATIC

Hi -

There were many different kinds of fast runs played by the various soloists.

Some were indeed scale-based and I think it's safe to say this had little to do with breathing patterns and more to do with economic use of the slide leveraging alternate fingerings and, more importantly, many, many years of practice. We had some very fast chromatic players at this spah, including speedsters Chris Bauer, Clint Hoover, and Phil Caltabellotta. There's no trick to it, these guys have worked hard for their speed. At least that's my take on it ;-).

- Slim.