[Harp-L] Re: Who are the top blues harp pros?

The question was asked "Who are the top blues harp pros" without defining "top" and without defining "pros".    Unless this is going to be a completely subjective, and probably pointless discussion as to who is "best",  I would suggest that "Top" be defined as "top money earning" and "pro" be defined as someone who actually makes his entire living from harmonica whether as performer, teacher, seminar provider, or writer.

Curious as I may be,  I can offer nothing but speculation as to who the top money earners are.    I hope I don't offend anyone with my speculation,  I have nothing but admiration for the people on my guess list.

Another fine point is whether to include just the current year, but I think out of respect for the living pros among us who may not be quite as active today as they once were,  I'm going to make this top lifetime money earners among living pros.   Also I am going to leave the obvious #1 OFF the list because he doesn't make his entire living from harmonica.   So sorry Stevie!

1. Tommy Morgan
2. Toots Theilsman
3. Charlie Musselwhite (having a very good 2010 with Cyndi Lauper!)
4. Rob Papparozzi (steadily working for years!)
5. Jon Gindick
6. Dave Barrett
7. Winslow Yerxa (I don't know if he's getting rich from "Harmonica for Dummies" but I hope so!)
8. Howard Levy (Now offering online lessons!)
9. Rod Piazza
10. Kim Wilson
11. Madcat Ruth
12. Rick Estrin

My speculation is based solely on how often I see these listed people as being currently gigging or involved in some other presumably profitable harmonica endeavor.

What do you all think?