Re: [Harp-L] Unsung stars at Spah

That's a very good list and I agree wholeheartedly, except you forgot one player.
Every year at SPAH, and formerly when Buckeye was still active, the one player who always stood out at jam sessions was Ben Nathanson.   He always have a different take on things and, without fail, when his turn comes in the blues circle, he puts a smile on everybody's face.
It's kind of like: "There goes Ben again."
Want to hear an original player, he is one.
  And let me add, David Naiditch's chromatic playing at the Bluegrass jam, was impeccable. He's the real deal.  I also think Warren Bee's Sat. nite playing at that jam was, like most of Warren's playing, really good.
 It took me two days to recuperate from the music overload and lack of sleep, but now I'm inspired to get back to harp. I had hardly touched mine in more than a year and that was pretty easy to see when I tried to play at SPAH.  One thing about going to these events is seeing all the different approaches.  People like Cara Cooke, who is the best first-position, note-for-note bluegrass harp player I've heard in person, are so underrated.
  Some people, I think we just take for granted. And we shouldn't.  I'm thinking specifically of Jimi Lee and Joe Filisko. There are others, of course, who do at lot at these conventions, but the jams these two run are what a lot of players wait for.
  OK.. I'm going to go practice now.
Steve Webb in Minn.