Re: [Harp-L] RE: vibrato vs. tremolo

Prof. Steve wrote:
<I appreciate the intellectual merit of this ongoing debate, it is ideed quite <interesting. However, I'd like to interceede with a somewhat related question: How <can I best utilize the Vibrato effect (sorry, it doesn't say tremolo) on my modified <Fender Princeton re-issue amp? Thanks.

First, get an on/off footswitch so you can turn the effect on and off at will.

Then experiment with the speed and depth controls (assuming you have both) so you can get a balance of vibrato speed (how fast it pulses) and depth (how pronounced the effect is) that makes sense for a particular song.

Then play the harp and turn the effect on when you get to places in the song where you want a new sound to excite the listener.

That's basically what you do with any effect--turn the dials until you get a sound you like, then apply it to a song or parts of a song.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick