[Harp-L] POWERBENDER Tuning Diagram Released

I'm intrigued.

All alternate tunings give something to get something. The Powerbender's main
concession seems to be octave splits. Still, a small price to pay for what might
be a great all round harp. Leave it to Brendan Power. Player, builder,
innovator; Is there anything this guy doesn't do? Anyway, I have some questions:

1)  I think the heart of the tuning lies in the repeated D on 5Blow. Could
you have used the new notes from Holes 7-10 but retained the breath turnaround
such that the higher pitches are Blows? The retune would be easier.

2) Other popular alternate tunings (Country, Paddy) are slight deviations
from Richter. If the Powerbender tuning can be considered a new platform or
standard, how 'bout slight deviations from that. Would a Powerpaddy be of
benefit?

3) Legend has it that Brendan developed an all bender some years back that
employed an auxilary reed design. Dual reed bends on all Blow and Draw holes.
The kicker was that it was pretty much the same size and had the same tone as a
regular diatonic. When the XB-40 went to production Brendan abandoned his
design. Would you mind commenting on or clarifying this Brendan? If true I think
it should have been pursued. You would have sold oodles of them.

Paul