[Harp-L] Re: harmonica practice mute

This mut is a very intriguing prospect, one which - if effective - in my hands would have saved many poor strangers from hearing my crappy playing for the first (too many) years!

But the cosmetics mean nothing to me, color, texture and material, it's how it feels in the hand, mouth and sound - or silence, here -  that counts.  Of course anything that can corral the noise will have to be bulky and un-cuppable, no way around it.

Aside from that, I echo Jim's query: how effective is it in cutting the sound?

(I have a silent brass rig and it's phenomenally effective on my trumpet, which is a particularly good thing!!)

-Dave