Re: [Harp-L] Help wanted for Harmonica Medical/Scientific Study

John, I certainly hope your finding to be proven correct, as I am a smoker of 30
plus years I picked up harmonica shortly after my fathers passing due to lung
cancer, to try and force myself to quit. After all smoking and harpâs donât mix
to well in the long run. Most of the damage done by my smoking habit, is not
reversible so my pulmonary Doc informed me after a bad dose of pleurisy two
month ago (very painful) couldnât even look at a harp for six weeks.

Iâm hoping that I can strengthen what is left of my lungs at least well enough
to enjoy playing harmonica without the stress of thinking Iâll never have the
lung capacity to play well.

Good luck with your findings and if thereâs any thing I can do to help your
studyâs please donât hesitate to contact me, Iâve been playing for about 8
months. I've tried to quit three time in this period and I am now down to 6
smokes a day from a pack. I need all the help I can getâ
Thanks for posting.
Todd