[Harp-L] Another Jon Gindick success story

I blew my first harmonica after picking up one of those Klutz kits.. it was Jon's "harp for the Musically Hopeless" in 1987. After devouring that one, I bought several other Jon's books and cassettes. I credit those early lessons for really jumpstarting me into playing some solid single note lead licks and giving me a understanding of basic soloing techniques.

While going through some old practice cassette tapes, I recently discovered what a cool tone I was getting out of my first electric rig setup which was a Green Bullet plugged into a tube musicman bass amp out puting to a Pevey ( 2 x10" ) speaker cabinet. It had a solid overdriven " Lit Walter" type tone at medium volume. My playing back then was very limited however I realize now that the tone I was getting though that setup was awesome. Anyways, I am sad to say, not knowing any better back then, I foolishly though I needed an amp with reverb so I traded that setup for a Fender princeton reverb amp. I guess I didn't know what I had until it was long gone.
*** Mike