[Harp-L] Seydel Half Valved Diatonic Harmonicas at SPAH

Fellow List members,

I am pleased to announce that this year at SPAH, Seydel will have several
dozen half valved  1847 diatonics for sale. This is quite exciting news for
me, as these instruments will be fitted with the same valve material that I
use. I believe that this material all but eliminates the issues that plastic
valves have when fitted in a diatonic. The gaps have also been slightly
opened on the reeds which should make the additional blow and draw bends a
little easier to execute for those of you new to this approach. There will
be models will have both the plastic ³Silver² combs and the new metal
³Noble² combs. There will also be various keys available.

Seydel and I have been looking at doing this for a while, and it has become
apparent that this year more than ever, there has been a growing interest in
playing valved diatonic as an alternative to over blowing.

I will be doing a 30 minute show on Thursday the 19th at 3pm and will be
playing these same instruments.  If your interested in the possibilities
that half-valved diatonic playing offers, please check out my show, stop by
my table at Joe Filisko¹s teach in, and for sure stop by the Seydel booth
and try one for yourself. I have put together a chart on where the extra
notes show up on these instruments and have a couple of tips and a song to
get you started. This handout will be at the Seydel booth.

Looking forward to seeing all of you at our convention.

pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ptgazell.com
http://cdbaby.com/all/gazell
http://www.youtube.com/gazell