[Harp-L] A couple of new sounds with dual amp modelers

I was jamming yesterday, using a 2-amp modeler setup: RP355 for the main tones, and RP255 for global effects on top of that. I liked what I heard, so I recorded a couple of riffs. Here they are: an RP355 with matchless amp model and autowah, plus an RP255 with low octave; and an RP355 with matchless amp model and autowah, plus an RP255 with chorus.

http://www.hunterharp.com/a-couple-of-new-sounds-with-dual-amp-modelers/

The second one has a definite Hendrix vib to it.

The cool thing about using two amp modelers in series is that you can put more FX in the chain than you can with a single amp modeler. An autowah by itself sounds pretty cool; follow it with a chorus or an octave doubler and itâs even cooler. The expression pedal on the RP lets you bring FX in and out under foot control, which is WAY coolâyou can keep changing the flava as you go along. You can hear me doing a lot of that on the first pieceâthe one where the RP255 is doing a low octave double.

This stuff doesn't sound much like traditional harp, amped or otherwise, so if you've already decided that you don't like harp sounds that date from later than 1955, you can just leave it alone. It's not porn, so don't bother calling the cops on me.

Iâll post more of these soon.  I made some VERY radical sounds yesterday with a ring modulated patch...

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick