[Harp-L] a jon gindick story

Jon's comment about my recent post brings back some important memories.

While I've been playing harmonica since 1969, back when there was only one
instructional book available, it was only in 1993 that I really got serious
about it.  I had joined a Manila blues called Newly Industiralized Combo
[specialing in "industrial-strength" blues], which almost immediately was
featured on the front page of a prominent magazine in the Philippines.  I
suddenly realized, I've got to get serious!

Even though the internet was in its very early days, I did some research and
found a Harmonica Newsletter, available in print, not available online at
that time.  It was Jon's newsletter.  Once it arrived over here in Manila,
that newsletter opened the door to the harmonica world for me.  I learned
about the World Harmonica Championships in Trossingen and SPAH, with
gathering only two weeks apart later in the year.  I attended both -- and my
world literally changed.direction.

So, a very belated thanks to Jon for setting me on the parth.  And thanks
for your other materials and books, which I consumed to feed my hunger.

Thomas "Tomcat" Colvin

www.bluesasianetwork.com
www.lampanoalley.com