[Harp-L] Jam camper makes good - Staring a number "naked"--Leading the band

(Thought I'd share this wilth the list...Kudos to Mr Gindick & the Jam
camps)

Hey Jonny ...

You're on "FIRE" lately ...your CD, the band, Jam camps , & gigging

Good for you, I just wanted to say hello & I always enjoy when you post
on Harp-L

You remember me , I'm the dummy who rolled my car in Clarksdale last
year
"Bad experience great memory", I know there's a song in it somewhere in
the future

I wanted to thank you for my experiences @ the 2 jamb camps I went to ,
I still play EVERY day
And I didn't know it then, but my life was about to change when I called
you up in 2009
(for the better) ....Anyway for better or worse I've been open micing ,
Gigging , Gussing , Busking & sitting in with bands & friends whenever
possible, I even entered the advanced level harp contest @ the La Mesa
Harpfest & actually placed & won a harp ! (go figure) I learned a while
ago ,for me anyway NOT to say how long I've been Playing (or not playing
in my case) , It's easier to fly under the radar, people just assume
I've been around a while, which is a compliment

I've taken my wife to see James Cotton, Charlie Musselwhite,Rod
Piazza,of course,Jon Gindick & even Gussed Johnny Mastro @ a Lucille's
one night (although he let me sit in 3 songs) I did later apologize the
next time I saw him

I even got up the guts to take out some ads in Craig's list to put
together a band, were up to about 30 songs, I'm doing vocals on most of
them & playing harp on almost all of them, It's my band I guess but I'm
just part of the group, that's why I replied to your post because it
really hit home when you were describing all the nuances of essentially
leading a band when you're the harp player,a bit different as I have
been in bands before I played harp, were a month or 2 away from getting
out in a club but I'm up for the task, still I know I have ALOT to learn
& a long way to go, but I'll get there, I have the passion for it,
            Not bad for a guy that didn't know who Little Walter was 2
years ago

My heart is on its way back to Clarksdale , but my wallet isn't willing
this year,  I'll be back

Although I can say for sure I will catch one of your shows in the near
future with your band and promise to only listen

OK teacher...I hope life finds you well , thanks again

Always, Your student

Brad Allen

     Bradford Allen
        Estimator