I place a thicker gauge under it to support the reed after lifting, and slide the reed lifter off.

I haven't starting marketing any of the items yet due to cash flow problems.
Hopefully things will be back on track by September.

On Aug 10, 2010, at 6:20 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:20:24 +0100
From: Rick Epping <rickepping@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] reed lifting tool
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Some time back a fellow harp-l'er described some reed tools he designed.
One of them sounds very like a tool I use for lifting inside reeds, based
on a tool used by accordion tuners to lift inside accordion reeds. I find
this tool especially useful when working on XB-40s because their inside
reeds are not accessible through the mouthpiece holes. I've just uploaded a
video on YouTube showing the tool in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVbPE9hmGQ

Best regards,
Rick

Michael Easton www.harmonicarepair.com