Re: [Harp-L] Norwegian Wood

<<
> Whoops, yes, you DO need to overblow blow 7.... Playing Norwegian Wood
in
> 2nd in the treble...
---overblow 6 hole, John :-)
WVa  Bob

OK I admit it I have NO IDEA at any time just what number hole I'm blowing
or drawing... I just do it...

My late pal, Douglas Tate was similar,  he.. and I... just  heard a note in
our heads, and it just seems to come out on  harmonica...  Doug learnt to
play a "C" Chrom, and that was his  "Axe"...

I learnt to play (originally)  on a "G" Chrom, and that is my  "natural"
home, harmonically.

That is one reason I find "altered tunings" difficult!

I learned chromatic harmonica using a 270 Super Chromonica in "G" ( I was 8
 years old)... Then, when I was 13 years old, my Mom gave me a Larry Adler
16  "four octave chromatic"... In the key of "C"..

ALL THE NOTES WERE IN THE WRONG PLACE!

When I started playing diatonic harmonic as a teenager, I stopped playing
the chromatic harmonica, for YEARS , simply because I couldn't cope with the
 different tuning!

Now?

I play 50% chrom and 50% diatonic.

But "special tunings"? They are mostly TOTALY BEYONED my dyslexic  brain!

And I have NO IDEA what hole # I'm using... Ever!

All the best,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines