Re: [Harp-L] Walter Horton Question

At 01:53 PM 8/8/2010, you wrote:
As I recalled Joe Fillisko had a discography of Walter Horton.
I found it here:

Thanks Gary. I kinda wondered about how he could have played on that record when he was 9. Larrie Londin, a drummer I knew in Nashville, and who was one of the drummers who'd get the call from Motown when Benny Benjamin couldn't make it, told me that Stevie Wonder played utility on sessions when he was no more than 10. It isn't utterly impossible that Walter played on those Memphis Jug Band recordings at age 9, or that he fudged on his year of birth.

Or it might be a case of yet another studio musician - meaning Walter - inflating his resume. Some of the biggest session cats - cats with unbeleivably cool track records - fictionalize their resumes.

I shan't name names.