  From: Michelle LeFree
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 8:52 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Danny, G and other frequent contributors

    G chimes in:
  > Hi there
  > I've just added a small section with advice specific to beginner
  > harmonica players.  It includes tips on playing with others, practice
  > tools, first time practice rigs, and a few other things.
  > http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/begin.html
  > Cheers,
  > -- G.

  Great to hear from you, G! I hope things are going well for you.

  In addition to Danny, G is another harper who has given to the community
  greatly without seeking compensation. You'd have to add Mike Will and
  our intrepid list owner, fjm to that list, too.  I know I've drawn
  freely and regularly from the resources these gents have provided. I'm a
  better and far more knowledgeable harper and a better musician for G's
  and Will's efforts as well as a happier and far better informed consumer
  of the great acts Danny lists. I'm not sure where I'd be in my musical
  "arc" without Harp-L and fjm's omnipresent watchful eye. I extend my
  personal debt of gratitude to all of these fine gentlemen.

  There are many other generous harmonica players who've given incredibly
  freely of themselves both on Harp-L and elsewhere. Winslow Yerxa, Rob
  Paparozzi, Jason Ricci, Joe Filisko (and all his "Teach-In" cohorts),
  Keith Graham (JT-30 and sister web sites), Paul Davies, Roger Bale, Bob
  Cohen (and the many other behind-the-scenes SPAH workers) -- the list
  goes on.

  I've deliberately left out many other selfless contributors to the
  harmonica community. I'm purposely leaving the list to be filled in by
  other frequent consumers of generous harmonicists.

  So, Harp-L'ers, who else is on ~your~ list of harpers who have given so
  freely of themselves?

  Michelle