[Harp-L] Re: Blues playing in the key of F

I used to cringe a bit when I had to play an F harp in second position  for
electric blues stuff.  I got a low F and often liked it  better.  Later on
discovered third position & would pull out a Bb when  a song was called in
C.

Then, I started playing more acoustic blues & discovered I REALLY  liked
playing the F harp in second on many of the delta &  country blues numbers.
Really nice on songs such as 'Hesitation  Blues' or 'Freight Train'.  The F
has a particularly nice feel  for that sort of material.  Using it for that
opened a few new avenues for  me with the louder electric blues stuff, it was
a win/win.

Christopher Richards
_www.harmonicaplanet.com_ (http://www.harmonicaplanet.com)