[Harp-L] More live recordings from the Alpine Wines gig: looped and amp modeled

As per my comments in previous posts, I like to post recordings of my performances with the Digitech RP pedals so people can hear what the stuff sounds like.

I made a recording of several pieces using my RP355 setup at the Alpine Wines gig on August 4. You can decide for yourself whether it sounds good; I've already voted by posting the stuff.  You can find excerpts from my performances (with looped accompaniment) of "Lo Rider" and "Key to the Highway" at:
http://www.hunterharp.com/electric-stuff-from-the-alpine/

On "Key to the Highway", the looper is repeating a bass line played on a Bb harp (maybe an A?) in second position through a Fireball V mic into the Digitech RP355, which is running a patch that uses a 59 Bassman amp model plus a two-octave down pitch shift.  The lead harmonica is running a Blackface Deluxe amp model with a traditional amped blues sound.  The bass sound is certainly unconventional, but I think the combination works fine.

On "Lo Rider" the looper has two layers: a beatboxed percussion lick and the same double-octave down RP355 patch for the bassline.  The lead harp is playing through the RP355, with a Bassman amp model and a rotary speaker effect.  I like this combination of tones plenty--I think this is one of the best Hammond organ sounds I ever heard from a harp.

Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter