RE:[Harp-L] Staring a number "naked" - see the video or in person

How to start a number naked was covered in one of the teaser interview
videos on YouTube from bluesharmonica.com (Dave Barrett's site), which were
posted here recently.

The one in particular that covered naked starts was with the incomparable RJ
Mischo.  Here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdyKHh9V54o

My take on this is that you've got to really have some chops to pull this
off.  Watching RJ demo this on the video, you can tell it's not for the
faint of heart.  Me, I'm lucky to come in on time, let alone set the stage
naked.

The Andy Just, Steve Baker, Rick Estrin, and Tom Ball excerpts from Dave
Barrett's interviews were excellent.  Dave did us a great service putting
these snippets up on YouTube for free.  You can tell Mr. Barrett really
hones in on these players' greatest strengths.  I imagine the full videos
and full site are well worth the small investment, and I hope to take
advantage of that someday soon myself.

In the meantime, catch RJ Mischo, Dave Barrett, Steve Baker, amd Rob
Paparozzi (another great naked starter) at SPAH in less than two weeks, and
you can ask them yourself how to start that tune...

See you all there, I hope . . .

Fred S