Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:26:15 -0500
From: "Bill Kumpe"<bkumpe@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Staring a number "naked"
To:<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

A while back, a pro player that I really respect suggested that when playing with a band or accompanist you have not practiced with it is better on some numbers to ask them to let you play a few bars "naked" with no accompaniment and then let them come in as they catch the groove. Every time I have tried this it has not worked out well. I really like this sound when this is done right and the guy I got the tip from pulls it off flawlessly every time. Does anybody else do this? Suggestions? Comments?

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK