From: Bill Kumpe <bkumpe@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, August 5, 2010 8:26:15 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Staring a number "naked"

A while back, a pro player that I really respect suggested that when playing
with a band or accompanist you have not practiced with it is better on some
numbers to ask them to let you play a few bars "naked" with no accompaniment
and then let them come in as they catch the groove.  Every time I have tried
this it has not worked out well.  I really like this sound when this is done
right and the guy I got the tip from pulls it off flawlessly every time.
Does anybody else do this? Suggestions? Comments?

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK