Fw: [Harp-L] Re: Genius? LOL

is Stevie Wonder famous (to the general public) for
his harp playing? NOT!

I'm not so sure about that. His first big hit I recall getting lots of notice in my world was "I Was Made to Love Her", (65 or 66?) and one of the most prominent things about the song is the chromatic harmonica. I wasn't even interested in playing harmonica yet, and I noticed it, and have always seen harmonica as just as big a portion of who Stevie is as his singing, songwriting, or keyboard work. I never thought about it, but that may have been the first time I heard harmonica and liked it! I think it was.

I'm never able to seperate the harmonica aspect, as I've seen some do here on harpL, a recent discussion of Paul Butterfield seemed so strange to me because it was as if he was only a harmonica player, he was much more than that musically, multi instrumentalist, singer, bandleader, and wrote a couple of outstanding tunes. As is Stevie, and he is a serious harmonica talent, and certainly a musical genius if anyone is. I think that it is about the WHOLE PACKAGE, not so and so is a genius harmonica player, and he can sing a little too! LOL, JD