[Harp-L] Re: Genius? LOL

In my opinion,  the ONLY  harmonica player who might deserve the label of "genius" is Stevie Wonder.   Nobody else.   Not even close.   But one of my requirements to earn the "musical genius" label is near-universal acclaim as "the best" both from peers and from the general public.    Bird meets that test.    So does Jimi Hendrix.   Everyone else is debatable,  and if you have to debate it, then the test isn't met.   Stevie is certainly acclaimed as among the best by his peers - so are Howard Levy and Toots. But the general public knows nothing about Howard Levy or Toots.    So they fail my test.   Only Stevie passes.