Maybe pressure isn't the problem. But it's worth checking out.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa

Resident expert at bluesharmonica.com

Harmonica instructor, jazzschool.com

Columnist, harmonicasessions.com

--- On Mon, 4/26/10, Michael D'Aurizio <mdaurizio@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Michael D'Aurizio <mdaurizio@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] chromo advice
To: "harp-l list" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, April 26, 2010, 6:05 AM

Hello,
 I recently committed myself to learning my way around the chromatic a lot better. I've been wood shedding faithfully and it's been paying off(slowly :D) One thing that's really giving me problems is the corners of my mouth are getting really sore. I've been tongue blocking, and using a really deep embochure to get octaves. Will this problem go away eventually, or should I change my embochure to relieve the pressure on the corner of my mouths? I'm using a Honer 12 hole with square holes, would an instrument with round holes be better for this problem. Thank you in advance for your advice.
                   Mike