From: Buddha <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 1:55 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Genius? LOL

Thanks for the comments.

I'm no genius I'm just a nut who has put a lot of time, energy and hard work
into his craft.  My sense of pitch was developed by playing with a
keyboard.  Play a note...hum the note...play the note...play the harmonica.
I did this for years with every note on every harmonica.  Even now when I
practice, I often sit at the keyboard and play the same line I am playing on
the harmonica.  I most started doing that to be able to visualize the notes
in my head but it has really help my intonation too.

I've been working on my singing lately and all of that work in the past
really has helped me with my vocal pitch as well. I'm mostly right on with
my pitch but when I am not, I can hear it instantly.