[Harp-L] RE: RHYTHM HARP

As a beginner still under 1 year, I have had the good fortune to sit in with
some talented musicians during
there practices twice a week. Some of them Ive known since high school
(80s). They go out of there way
to be supportive and are constantly telling me to turn it up!! They just
want me to play anything.
When I do figure out something that I think fits a song there working on, I
must say its a pretty dam good
feeling, even if its only 15 seconds of glory.

The problem Im having is that they want me to play through the entire song
and I just dont have the
experience to know when or when not to play, better yet even what to play.

Is there such thing as playing rhythm harmonica, without walking all over
everyone. Like picking a few
guitar or bass cords and just humming them along softly.

Most of the Harp stuff I listen to is (Clasic Rock) short and to the point
usually at the beginning and a small part
in the mid then the end, not throughout the entire song.

Todd

I'm a beginner myself, Todd, but I have a rhythm harp dvd from homespun (?)
by Norton Buffalo I've looked at a few times. That might be a good place to
start.
Bruce K Ritter
A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.