Re: [Harp-L] the bottom line on Kenny G, to me

"(12/2/97) - Pop star Kenny G., the saxophone blowhard who already holds the title of history's best-selling instrumentalist, has set the Guiness World Record for the longest-held musical note: 45 minutes, 47 seconds. The stunt took place Monday at J&R Music World in New York City, as Guiness Book Of World Records officials stood by with timers. Kenny G., who taught himself the circular-breathing technique that allowed him to sustain the note, says he expected to hold the note (E- flat) for 30 minutes, but was inspired by the crowd's cheers to continue. The previous record: There wasn't one."

http://new.music.yahoo.com/various-artists/news/kenny-g-blows--12037787

Now let's see anyone here beating that record... :D