RE: [Harp-L] NHC: Pat on Kenny

> I think it's worth asking why Kenny G has a lot of people buying his records. It's not enough to say "all the people who buy his records are dopes who like crappy music."

---I haven't listened to much Kenny G but  the group I'm currently playing in does a tune of his called "Saxo Loco"...obvioulsy a Latin tune, and it's a fun tune to play...when I was learning it-and it's easy to play on either diatonic or chromatic-I didn't know who did it. I must say I liked the sax playing on it. I mean I didn't think it was great playing or anything, but I thought it was pretty good. I was mildly surprised to learn it was Kenny G.

   My opinion is that Kenny G is a good player who has found a formula for great success. Wouldn't it be cool if some good harmonica player found a similar formula?

WVa Bob

P.S. I like Pat Methany, by the way, but I really will be surprised if his music reverberates down the corridors of time :-)