[Harp-L] Harmonica Summit DVD

This message was forwarded to me from Johnny Sansone.  I think it might be of interest of the Harp-l Community.

Harvey Berman

>Harmonica Summit DVD filming planned! Amanda Taylor (AKA Kim Wilson's wife) is producing a spectalar gathering of some of her favorite harmonica players.  Included in this lineup are James Cotton, Lazy Lester, Kim Wilson, Paul Oscher, Bharath Rajakumar, Johnny Sansome, Rick Estrin, Jerry Portnoy, Dave Waldmen, Bob Corritore, RJ Miischo, Steve Marriner, Billy Fynn, Vincent Bury and a few surpise guests. The excellent backing band for this event consists of Larry Taylor, Richard Innes, Billy Flynn, and Barrelhouse Chuck. The event will happen on Friday and Saturday, October 1st and 2nd at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix. It will be filmed and recorded with Clarke Ribsby at the technical helm, and will be released in 2011 on CD and DVD on MC Records. This is a once in a lifetime gathering of some of the greatest living players of the blues harmonica traditions. There is a multi generational "fathers and sons" subtheme running through this event
 with ages 22 through 76 represented.  There be limited tickets sold. A hotel deal will be made available and we expect ticket to go on sale via Ticketmaster in 2 to 3 weeks. More information forthcoming.