[Harp-L] 64Chromonica plastic break'n down

My old 64 is deteriorating around the screw holes which hold down the mouth piece.
I have considered re affixing/reinforcing  the brass nuts with epoxy. Anyone been here before me, with a suggestion? Also the insulat'n , looks like surgical hose, on the screws and seems to double as a stop for the the slide is wear'n down and the slide thunks on return. sending it in for a tune-up... no can do now ...i got a gig on the 25th.
Thanks in advance....for DIY tips     Ben ' WBjr' Ross