Re: [Harp-L] Zoom H2 files
- To: av1901@xxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Zoom H2 files
- From: Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:16:07 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1271164567; bh=Au6yqkAeEisOskSrQFwk4S4gtOkj4LP3VW3V5Dh29AY=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=nroYtZ07t7+vulBSqMWsESGV0v/Wh0jM/RLP31UbDESSy9mM3iHMbKAnvOrmNpw043F2rP6fUk1o0SrrN/jgcTEwOozWy/qQGzqHRJ5yu9oyfdyttmrv7QNESifDmVVImfK98XK8T7bwM+MorUvc+lLjziXJlaiN//LOoKk5+zA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hlusOQBYP8sGcNWOYJaZgCRgnkIMjb/Fdp724f7qiKbImpBBpAVEJOSzdlqQO+BB9RyJ+eh62TMom1PTA3CGj3tL0ttcp15PXBMHOuw5v1+exwMvFr/1XoPoQ2rB2A6j736pjgeQCyCKCzWG5Gu+F68Hx8yZDWmb1gK4sT5lNVc=;
- In-reply-to: <10AB434D174B4EC38E3E99AAD9D1E361@Birdhead>
Yes, you basicallly "cut & paste" into a new Audacity window. I would save the original file first if you are "cutting" pieces out, or make sure you do not "Save" the original file after you do the cutting, if you want to keep it intact.
Selecting portions of the file by highlighting is the way to choose the piece of the file that you want to change, alter, cut, etc.
Basic "Effects" that I use all time...
Use the "Effect" Menu items "Fade In" (at the beginning) and "Fade Out" at the end to make nice gradual transitions.
If you need some extra leader (beginning) or trailer (ending) of silence, I select a small piece of silence from somewhere in a file, and copy and paste it to the beginning and end, multiple times to get the desired piece of silence. You can actually create a piece of silence by repeating the "Fade In" or "Fade Out" effects functions. There may be other ways of doing it, but that's what I do.
For exporting (creating) MP3 files, make sure you have the "LAME MP3 Encoder" installed, depending on what release of Audacity you are using.
I recently installed the "Audacity 1.3 Beta" on my laptop, and the "LAME MP3 Encoder", and it seems to work file. The installation of the LAME encoder was easier than some past releases of Audacity, where you had to copy the LAME DLL file to directory and point Audacity to it (like in a "My Audactity Projects" folder).
Ken H in OH
--- On Tue, 4/13/10, Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Zoom H2 files
> To: av1901@xxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 3:51 AM
> Hi Andy
> I was trying to work out how to do the same thing using
> Audacity and didn't find the help menu much use. But
> I've found that once I've opened the long track in Audacity,
> if I highlight the part of the track I want to use, i can
> then go right click, copy and then open up a new Audacity
> track and paste it into it, just like you would with a word
> document or whatever, so it's quite simple really.
> Good luck
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and