Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harry Fox Agency - Unclaimed Funds -Info Needed

Thank you, Larry. I figured that he'd no idea how the Harry Fox Agency
worked, and appreciate your clarifying the issue.

To make it even more clear...the link at the Harry Fox Agency Site was to
their own in-house site where they specifically request artists/musicians
and  friends of... to provide updated addresses/new contact information for
singer/songwriters since the agency itself is holding the funds and wants to
release them to the proper owners......here's the link for dpeer to check
out  the reference:

_http://www.harryfox.com/public/HelpUsFindPublishers.jsp_
(http://www.harryfox.com/public/HelpUsFindPublishers.jsp)

click on 'view the list' to see the huge list of names of people  they're
searching for...ALL of whom have monies being held for them by  HF.

One thought had struck me in looking through those names is - how  often
might an artist create a spontaneous or unusual name precisely to keep the
publicity level down at the time....and then promptly forget the name or move
away and neglect to update their contact info, thereby missing out on  who
knows how much of their own badly needed funds? I can imagine coming up
with a name which might be important at the moment  ...perhaps tying in with a
hit record?...then some years down the road the  reference is long gone from
anyone's memory. This is such a shame.

A 2nd thought was...wouldn't it be nice if they could computerize the
whole thing a la the
AFIS (law enforcement fingerprint) set-up to  ensure complete connection
between an author and his/her work?...but I suppose  that's just a pipe-dream
on my part.

I found this link as well which may clear up (or even more confound) what
the HF Agency does today:

_http://www.artistshousemusic.org/videos/harry+fox+agency+licensing_
(http://www.artistshousemusic.org/videos/harry+fox+agency+licensing)

Elizabeth