for the Suzuki.

IMHO, If you want a custom 270, either by me or someone else, try to have the pre X-series reed plates installed if possible. I've been seeing a higher then normal amount of repairs for reed plates dated 2007 and later. These are on Hohner chromatics that were only owned a few months by players yet the reeds are failing despite's Hohner's PR claims of longevity.

I've been a lifelong fan of Hohner's and hopefully they can do damage control not by words but by actions in improvements in reed stock. You can't hide the fact endorsee's are jumping ship or harp techs are quietly cursing to themselves and each other every time we try to make adjustments to current Hohner reed stock.

On Apr 4, 2010, at 6:10 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 8
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Gregoire Maret or Sirius and tweaked 270
	comparison
To: Harp-L <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>, Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Sirius models aren't available in the US yet. They resemble the G-48 in both appearance and construction, but one big difference for the 12-hole model is that while the G-48 is cross-tuned with a long throw slider, the Sirius 12-hole and 14-hole models are straight- tuned with a short-throw slider and very narrow slider holes (the 16- hole model is cross tuned).

Winslow Yerxa

Michael Easton www.harmonicarepair.com