Re: [Harp-L] Ninth?

I think 9th (Ab on a C harp) has some potential in minor, especially
harmonic minor.

When I was on my quest to be able to play in all 12 keys on a single
diatonic, I remember 9th consistently being a key that fell into the
"needs more work" category.  But I love the flat third in 3 draw, the
tonic on 3 triple bend, the four on 1 and 4 bend going into the flat
five on 1 and 4 draw, respectively.  I like the major seventh on 3,6
and 9 blow and the flat 6th on 2,5,8 blow, makes for easy harmonic
minor feelings.

I continue to believe that with enough practice and all of the growth
in our knowledge base will lead to all positions becoming viable.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com