To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:09
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Ultimate Harp Jam

If only music were objective, we'd all like it.
So, you've got a German dude standing by (Steve was it you?), a british guy (Brendan) playing, two American kids, I say KIDS and a french woman all playing together. This harp jam demonstrates the capability of the instrument to draw together the generations. It also demonstrates the universiality of music to draw people from around the world... and one should note, that each country represented, Germany (with the hurrahs), United States, United Kingdom and France, has been at war with each of the other countries multiple times.
And yet, they got together and played THAT at 3 a.m....
Musically, L.D. held it together extremely well. It was that beatbox thing he did that laid that magical foundation that the others weaved this unique musical experience on.

Most importantly... L.D. and Jay got to stay up WAY, WAY past their bedtimes.

Dave __________________________ www.elkriverharmonicas.com

----- Original Message ---- From: "venkyr@xxxxxxx" <venkyr@xxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:14:02 PM Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Ultimate Harp Jam

Ok, but it is not the Ultimate Harp Jam.
You have Brendan in the lead and then you get Jay
and Christelle jump in with LD chugging along. C'mon
guys. I wish there were intervals between the
players. I am not feeling the flow that Brendan
started. Jay did not take that flow well while
Christelle repeated what Jay just did. LD was smart
enough to do the small stuff in the beginning. It's
not how you play but what you play. "Musical
arrangements"- that's what I am talking about.

www.myspace.com/harpdad