  From: Rob Paparozzi
  To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:49 AM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica on new Chase Credit Card Commercial

  Hi Brendan,

  I couldn't get these links to open on my computer, but I heard it LOTS on TV
  the past 2 weeks, it does sound like you and it's a TOP JOB performance!

  The reason "I" was listening closely was that I have made several recordings
  of this same some over the past few years here in NY where lots are
  commercials are done. I played it on a Novartis Commercial and then was
  asked to play it for The CBS EARLY SHOW theme in NY, They ran it a good
  2yrs. I got paid Double Scale every time it ran, but Sting was the big
  Winner, he yearly check was as handsome as he is!,-)

  As you know playing the Stevie performance in the original Sting key of B is
  no easy task!,-)
  I worked pretty hard at it and got damn close and they loved it then they
  wanted to do other takes for diffrent segments of the show, so I must have
  learned it in about 4 other key!,-) whew!!!

  anyway, glad you got the gig if that indeed IS you, but by all means do not
  hesitate to find out why they told you it was a DEMO. It appears they didn't
  go thru the Union and it should have been offerred as a BUY OUT which YOU
  can negotiate the price for.

  I agree, The Internet and Digital Age has created a whole new set of
  problems for recording Musicians..What I miss most is the lack of
  communication and interplay which provides a whole different PERFORMANCE,
  one, not so sterile and isolated.

  anyway, as i said you sounded terrific as usual....BRAVO ......now get in
  there and fight for your dough!!,-)

  al the best,
  Rob Paparozzi