[Harp-L] Sonny Terry News

Hi All,
We’ve finally finished our book of Sonny Terry Riffs. There is a video on youtube.com/paullennonuk to give you an idea of how it looks, and you can download it from harmonicaworld.net if it appeals. We haven’t got the book back from the printers yet – should be three to four weeks, I’ll give you the heads up when it emerges.
I am very pleased with this CD/book, maybe our best yet, but perhaps I’m biased!
Here’s what the pro’s say:
Joe Filisko
“Sonny Terry was without question, one of the most well known of all blues harmonica players. Sonny's stinging and popping sound, acrobatic use of hands, rhythmic groove and pyrotechnic display of whooping, made him in my opinion, the most unforgettable of ALL harmonica players!
Knowing the effect it had on a live audience leaves little doubt as to why he was in demand his whole life and why almost everyone will remember his name before Brownie's.
If understanding and experiencing some of this magic is of interest to you, then there is great news! Ben has taken numerous essential Sonny Terry licks and broken them down at three different speeds for you to access and learn as simply and painlessly as possible.
If you follow him, Ben will put you on the fast track to the summit of the musical mountain of Sonny Terry. This is indeed a journey that all harmonica players should experience.”
Joe Filisko September 2009
www.filisko.com
Pat Missin
“A selection of riffs from the repertoire of one of the most influential harp players ever, brought to you in standard notation, tablature and audio examples by Britain's top harmonica teacher.
A must have for anyone studying the playing styles of Sonny Terry, as well as a very welcome addition to any harp player's library.” Pat Missin September 2009 patmissin.com

Paul Lamb
“Yes great stuff! Ben has dug deep into Terry's sound. I myself, am a huge Sonny Terry fan and played with the guy. Sonny had a style that was truly his own, Ben has done something here that Sonny would be proud of.” Paul Lamb September 2009 www.paullamb.com

Tom Ball
"A fine addition to the great Sonny Terry's oeuvre." -Tom Ball September 2009 www.tomballkennysultan.com

Ben Hewlett
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx