[Harp-L] Getting the pitch in your mind

One of the major breakthroughs I had singing and playing on pitch was
I began to practice solfege, the do re mi sounds.  I would take a
piece of written music, turn the notes into do re mi names, play the
first note on the piano, match that pitch with my voice and then sight
sing the rest of the piece.  Then I would sing the last note and play
the note on the piano to see if I was still on  pitch.It was
astoundingly easy especially considering I have worked with 4
different vocal instructors for at least a year each instructor and
one of the main things I was working on was singing on pitch.  I would
still say being "pitchy" (not being perfectly on pitch) is something I
deal with yet almost overnight solfege improved the issue light years.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com