[Harp-L] Fat Bottom Harp Mics

Hello all,
  I recently sent a JT-30 that I bought on ebay a while ago to Chuck Gurney of Fat Bottom Harp Mics for an over haul. The mic I sent was built by a custom builder who shall remain anonymous. I had Chuck install a black label controlled reluctance element, and change the volume pot that was in the mic. The pot that was in the mic when I bought it was of very low quality.The element was a controlled magnetic, that in my opinion was lacking tone and output. I must have sent Chuck at least a dozen e-mails asking all sorts of questions, and making a few requests. Every e-mail was answered quickly and thoroughly. I sent off my mic to Chuck, and in ten days it was back . Talk about quick turn around time!! I plugged the mic into my Meteor, and I was instantly blown away by the performance of the mic. HUGE lows, cutting mids, and sweet highs. It is also highly responsive to cupping techniques. What a HUGE difference between that black label C.R Chuck installed, and the C.M. that was in it! I now know what a quality element is supposed to sound like! The volume pot Chuck installed is also really nice. It turns the volume down gradually, instead of abruptly like a couple other of my mics. And it's also  nice and smooth in function. Ive got another mic at home that is a perfect candidate for this same overhaul, and as soon as I can afford it it's gonna get it. I am completely satisfied with my dealings with Chuck at Fat Bottom Mics. Try it you'll like it!!!! ;-)  Oh yeh and all the usual ''I'm not affiliated with blah blah blah'' applies. I'm just a VERY happy customer.

                                                                                                        Mike D'Aurizio
                                                                                       www.myspace.com/doubletakebluesband

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/