RE: [Harp-L] Bass amps for amplified harp

 I use a couple of different bass amp heads and cabinets.

Amp Heads:
1. An early 60's Alamo Paragon Bass head with a single 12ax7 preamp tube and
two 6L6GC power tubes. It's all-original and needs some capacitor work to
eliminate some of the floor noise, but it's a great Blues Amp.

2. A 2003 Pignose B-100V head with one 12AX7 and one 12AU7 preamp tube and
four 6L6GC power tubes. This puppy is LOUD and has a great tone for
Rock-N-Roll as well as playing standards in my one-man shows in larger
venues.

The Cabs are both sealed back single 15" units using the stock Alamo speaker
in on and an Altec Lansing full range paper-edge PA speaker in the second
rated at 300 watts.

For most of my work I just use my PA system, but it's a lot of fun to drag
one of the tube amps to a blues club once in a while an cut loose.

Best Regards,
Dennis M. Cooper

http://www.dennis-cooper.com
http://www.harmonicaBootCamp.com