Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Famous folks who post

Most definitely Peter qualifies. Got the keys to his Native City on his
birthday in 2009.

To give Steve York credit, he makes clear his fame is in playing  Bass
guitar with all of those famous names. The folks we're talking about are  famous
for playing harmonica...a world of difference.

As to the Brubeck tune....Take 5?  It's one of MadCat's most  famous
numbers on diatonic....it was great to see him playing head to  head on it with
mostly chromatic players during the Jazz Jams at SPAH  (2008).

To the list I'd add: Will Galison, Charlie Musselwhite (hasn't he
contributed to the list a time or two?) and our own Rob Paparozzi who just won  the
Bernie Bray award.

Elizabeth

Message: 8
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:21:24 -0400
From: Joe and Cass  Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Clayton Gary Lehmann" <hqr@xxxxxxx>
Cc:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

On Sep 16, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Clayton Gary Lehmann  wrote:

> Doesn't Peter "Madcat" Ruth qualify?

I think so. I  think everyone missed the BBC broadcast a few nights
ago. It was about  Dave Brubeck. While there was some dialogue with
Dave & a small  bit with his son Chris, when they showed some stage
scenes, there was  the 'cat not in the hat'. Up on stage there using a
diatonic to match  the horn on one of Brubeck's famous tunes. (I
forget the  name).

smo-joe