Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Garden State Festival

Val: thanks so much for specifying the details about the Garden State
Harmonica Convention in November.  I was pretty sure from what we'd already
discussed that there'd be plenty of room (and time to make reservations) since
this did seem a mite early for the Hotel to be so booked up <G>  .....

...but all the discussion has prompted me to make sure to get my
reservation in early.

Even though GSHC is the only Convention within driving distance for me for
a change, I'm in the habit of going to any Convention the night before, if
possible...simply to get settled in, get my 'stuff' done (including work on
 my harmonicas if they require it)....before the festivities begin.

 I decided to do the same for GSHC since it is a shorter convention  than
others and was very pleasantly surprised to read your post specifying that
the Wednesday night's rate will be the same as for the rest of the
Convention!  That's terrific (and very unusual).  You've got a winner  here. This
Hotel certainly must be harmonica-friendly since I usually have  to pay a lot
more for that first night.  Kudos to you!  You and Phil  have done a
marvelous job revitalizing and reviving GSHC.

Can't wait to see you and Phil there again..I miss you already...and this
time I WILL play more, now that you two are helping break me out of my
'frozen-in-place' shell.

Jason told me he heard me play more at this past SPAH than at the last
3...kept sneaking up behind me whenever I played so I wouldn't notice
him..although I wasn't quite brave enough to show him that I've been playing
'Sonja' along with his and Shawn's recording of it on my CX-12. Sigh...maybe
'some day' <G>... Isn't it funny how much better we can play at home  with no
audience?

I'm so very happy Warren and Buzz will be part of this
Garden State.  Rob goes without saying - he's a phenomenal entertainer who
can do it all,  but getting more 'Blues guys' to show up was (to me) what
would confirm the  success of any future GSHC, despite my own proclivity for
chromatics.  Having Santa there just puts the icing on the cake...We also
need to show Jason  what a good time will be had this year, so perhaps he might
be able to free up  his schedule for 2010. I know how much he adores the
HarpBeats....and it was a  real treat seeing them on his Annual Blow-off prior
to SPAH. They won over  die-hard Blues fans and opened new 'ears' to
different harmonica playing.

Now if I can find a way to get the word out to the Blues Community on Long
Island, I think you could be overrun and booked solid.....hmm ..maybe NOT
such a  good thing for those still on the fence..<G>

Elizabeth

Val Redler: "I'd like to reassure all of you that the block rate of rooms
at the reduced rate of $109 plus tax is STILL AVAILABLE!? The Garden State
Harmonica Club's arrangement with the hotel is that as the first block of roo
ms  is booked, the hotel will add another block, as needed. Unfortunately,
the hotel  manager was on vacation and this wasn't passed on to the
appropriate person!? I  just spoke with the sales office and as of this moment 20
rooms per night were  just added, including the night before (Nov.18). The
best way to reserve your  room is to either call the hotel directly at
201-288-9600 to be connected with  SALES requesting the GSH (Garden State Harmonica)
rate or 1-800-438-8687  (hotel's direct 800 number). The hotel is very
"harmonica friendly" and the  banquet manager? was actually the manager at
another hotel for five years where  we held our festivals a few years ago. Please
contact me at  www.gshcsunshine@xxxxxxx if there are any more glitches! I'm
sure you will be  very pleased with the rooms, as the hotel just finished a
$7 million dollar  renovation, including flat screen TV's and free wi-fi in
every room and a 24  hour business and fitness center."