[Harp-L] video links from a gig

Most recent on top...

It is friendly place, though a bit crowded with the big band (4 fit ok in the corner).  We have a lot of fun, and so does the crowd.  Each of the band members is established in the small pond of Champaign-Urbana area, having played in various bands. The guitar players are each really good in their own styles, and it is a pleasure to play with them.  We have used two drummers, and both are good.  Sometimes friends drop in for a couple songs.

We try to keep the volume under control.  The harp is a little loud in the videos as I was playing though a Bad Monkey pedal in the PA as an experiment (bringing my tube amp adds to the crowding).  The main speaker cab was pretty close to the camera.  The guitar amps were on the floor.

Greg is one of those guys who knows hundreds of songs in different genres.  He continues to sing with a country band, and had a rockabilly band for a while recently, aside from a number of previous bands.  He likes the different material he does with the Martini Brothers.  While not strictly a blues band, we do play a number of blues songs...

NOTE: There is a different band elsewhere called the Martini Brothers, not to be confused with Greg's band.

Doug
*********************************

fjm wrote on 9/15/09

Looks like a friendly bar.  Great drummer, liked the guitar solos.  Fun
 band and not too loud.  I'd go see the Martini Brothers if they were
 playing locally.  fjm

**********************************

fssh wrote on 9/5/09

Doug,
 Thanks for posting these !!  We missed you at SPAH.  You really rocked the
 jams in St. Louis (lots of "take another" ones from Buzz).  Even if a lot of
 them were on chrom :) :) (but great).
 The Huber stage looks awesome.  I'm surprised you could stay in time you
 were so far apart. :)  In addition to your tasty harp playing, the vocals
 from Greg Baker were just great.  He really nailed Mountain of Love, one of
 my all time favorites.  Liked the way you got into the horn lines later in
 the song.

Fred S

dougharps wrote on 9/5/09

Sorry to have missed SPAH this year, loved it in St. Louis last year.
I lurk a lot, post on rare occasions.  Someone (Kristin Johns) recently
shot some video of a gig with Greg Baker's Martini Brothers in a small
neighborhood tavern in Champaign, Illinois.  Here are links for anyone
who is interested:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AOB895TlQA
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyrnqaN6M8
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTg680CNAj8