De : Jérôme P. [mailto:peyrelevade@xxxxxxx]
Envoyé : samedi 12 septembre 2009 13:43
À : 'Bill'; 'harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx'
Objet : RE: [Harp-L] miles/Kind of blue

Hi Bill.
In fact, the recording with Nico Espinasse is about 10 years old and the
Diatonic Revelation cd, produced by Didier Lockwood, and featuring a great
pianist (Benoit Sourisse), is about 4 years old.
It was already very impressive.
I agree with you about your "jazz tone" concept. But I have to say that,
even if I think his sound is terrific, I am much more sensitive to the way
he plays with harmonies, and to his virtuosity.

I was told he's preparing a jazz-fusion CD which seems to be absolutely
incredible ! Something like you barely haven't ever heard before.
The first surprise comes from the team he has composed to play with him.
There will be the Los Angeles drummer Curt Bisquera !! and the great bassist
from Uzeb Alain Caron.
You'll find a teaser about it here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6qYT04sEA0
(you'll see Curt Bisquera at 2'00).

In a different style, I love Someday My Prince Will Come introduction too,
as well as his Spain version !

Jerome