[Harp-L] Re: Melody Maker vs Paddy Richter tuning for Scottish fiddle tunes

Hi Richard,

I would recommend both tunings, though the Melody Maker would require being
played in an odd position for pentatonic or mixolydian tunes.  For Irish,
Scottish and Old Time tunes I mostly use Standard (Richter) tuning, Standard
with the 2- & 3-draw notes lowered a wholetone each, and Standard with the
5- & 9-draw notes raised a semitone each.  A mixolydian tuning I sometimes
use is Standard with the 2-draw note lowered a wholetone and the 3- & 7-draw
notes lowered a semitone.

Best regards,
Rick