Re: [Harp-L] Hello Harmonicists

echowink wrotee:
<Secondly, I would like to ask for a bit of help on a specific subject
<relating to harmonicas. I am doing a music technology course at
<university in the UK, and have chosen the harmonica to study for an
<exam. I have done a fair bit of research on-line, and many searches of
<this archive, but I am having trouble with one particular aspect.
<I am looking for information about the frequency analysis of notes
<produced by the harmonica, like fundamental frequency, and how the
<frequency "spikes" of the analysis are related i.e. are there any
<rules or formulae describing these phenomena. So far I have analysed
<the notes on a Honer Cross Harp in A, drawn up a few tables etc. but
<at the moment it is more wiggly lines than academic success.

If anyone knows the answer to this question, it's James Antaki.  You can find out about him at:
www.turboharp.com/Company/CompanyAboutUs.asp

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter