[Harp-L] Re: Voice of Music Amp

Scott Hicks asked about Voice of Music 160. I have one, Scott. Mine is not the best example for a harp amp powered by two 6V6s, but it is okay. I replaced all the capacitors in mine and then worked on getting the voltages down to get a descent bias to keep from toasting the power tubes. Tung-Sol Reissue 6V6s exhibit pink stripes when powered up, so I plugged in JJs, which handled the current plenty good--but are a bit more sterile. Not sure if the TS tubes would melt down or not. The schematic for mine was pasted to the bottom plate of the chassis and shows the amp to produce 8 watts. A website exists at www.voiceofmusic.com . I wrote a bit about the amp on my blog at www.bushdogblues.blogspot.com . Anyway--

See ya--
Ricky B