[Harp-L] 3 draw 1st bend / Spoonful

Thanks for mentioning that song Larry, it played an important part in my own learning experience as it was how I discovered 2nd position.

When I was teaching myself to play harp in 1969 I owned the Cream LP Wheels Of Fire with their version of Spoonful on it and tried to play the harp riff. The song is in E and the riff goes "E - G - E - G - E - G - E". I had a C harp and found these notes in hole 2-blow & draw, but they just didn't sound right. I started messing around and discovered that in 2- & 3-draw I could get that sound, but it was a minor 3rd higher. I actually learned the 1st bend right off through that song, so thanks Jack Bruce

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com